1 tin of tuna in spring water
Small jug of water
Mini blender or normal blender
Ice cube tray or silicon moulds
- Pop the tuna in spring water into the blender
- Add a tiny bit of water and whizz until it becomes a paste
- Slowly add more water if needed
- Spoon mixture into ice cube trays or silicon moulds
- Freeze overnight
- Serve to your dog as a tasty treat or a topper with their meal!
Tuna is a fishy favourite in our house, and it is packed with great nutritional benefits for dogs -
- it contains high levels of potassium, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium and plenty of B vitamins
- it is a protein source that is easy for dogs to digest
- it is full of omega 3 fatty acids which are great for dogs skin and coats
Do not use tuna in brine, it is very high in sodium which can can lead to pancreatitis and excessive thirst.